SOL 10: Waking Up

Well I held my blog of late again so I am stuck writing it at 9:34, well it's my fault so I shouldn't be complaining but you know. Anyway... Lets get started! A small groan makes its way out of my mouth as the morning sun shines on my face after a goods nights rest, I squint to shield my eyes from the sunlight and slide out of bed. I stop and turn to look at my reflection in the mirror, I am in my white pajamas and my hair is all messy because of all the tossing and turning in my sleep, I'm surprised, most of the time my hair is not that messy when I wake up but I guess its only really messy because I had slept in. I turn again after looking at myself in the mirror and start walking towards the door, you can hear faint laughter and the birds chirp while I reach for the door handle that is layered with a gold varnish that is slowly chipping off. I open the door and walk into the hallway, ahhhhh, the smell of nothing, I smell nothing, I stand there for a brief moment and then start walking again, I open the second door that reveals a staircase leading down. I slowly walk down the stairs and bat my eyes to the bright light that is shining through the large window by our couch, once I reach the last step I turn the corner and look into the kitchen expecting to see my mom cleaning or something but I see her come out of the bathroom instead. She is wearing a blue towel wrapped around her and her hair and body are soaking wet, I say good morning as I look away and walk into the kitchen, I reach for a box of cereal after climbing up onto the counter because I am to short to reach it even if I am standing on my tiptoes. I grab a clear glass bowl and pour my cinnamon cereal, I open the fridge looking for the milk and grab the 11/12 empty gallon of milk knowing that it will not be enough for the amount i have poured but luckily there is more in the basement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7th Grade Introduction

WWII Nonfiction Reader Response

What I am Thankful for