Trapped (part 2)


     “Ahhhhhhhhh” wait what’s going on??? A dream??? I look down at my arm, no cuts and no bandages! So it was a dream. I get out of bed and walk into the kitchen, “Oh! Hello son! You frightened me!” My mother says in a weird voice

“Oh, sorry” I say to her

   “I put an egg in your ramen, so it’s special” she says. “Mom I told you already!!! I don’t like eggs in my ramen!!! It’s going to make me fatter!!!” I yell

“When . . . Did you tell me?” She asks confused

   “Yesterday” I say. I get to school and Lee says the same thing as what he said in the dream, I guess it was dejavu, I reply the same and I decide to go home early to try to alter reality. Rafael isn’t home so I run into my room and lock the door. “Ugh!! AHHHHHHHH!!! HELP SOMEONE!!!” I hear my mother scream, I open the door and run into the kitchen, she isn’t there but there is a pool of blood all over the floor, I follow the trail of blood like a detective into the sham of a backyard that we own. My mom is on her knees covered in blood screaming and crying, Rafael is cutting her and beating her to a pulp, I stand still, frozen in fear, as my mother’s boyfriend laughs at her pain. “Well, I see your heroic son has come to save you. . .  Or maybe he wants to watch you suffer as well, you have two options, little fat pig, you can continue to watch your mother be hurt, or you can be hurt instead of your mother. . . You have five seconds.” I rush over to my mom not thinking about the consequences and he pushes me to the floor, he starts beating me as I feel my blood pressure drop. . . I think, I am going to die today. “Ahhhhhhhhhh” wait. . . Another dream, no it can’t be, I was going to die! How am I alive!!! I walk into the kitchen slowly “mom?”

“Oh! Hello son! You frightened me!” My mother says in a weird voice, again

  “Ummm, am I dead?” I ask her

“Well if you were dead you wouldn’t be able to eat my ramen with and egg, I put an egg in it so it’s special! I hope you like it!” She says joyfully and at that moment the truth hit me.

Comments

  1. This is an amazing story! I'd love to read more about this in the future. Thank you for sharing your post this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7th Grade Introduction

WWII Nonfiction Reader Response

What I am Thankful for