Another Poem!!!

I was looking through poems and I knew that I wanted something that spoke to me, I thought something was good and then I would find something even better. I stumbled upon this poem and I knew that this was the one that spoke to me the most. The poem says:
                               I’ve dreamed many a dream that never came true
                                        I’ve seen them vanish at dawn 
                           but I’ve realized enough of my dreams, thank god,
                                    To make me want to dream on

                     I’ve prayed many prayers when no one came to answer
                            Though I waited patient and long
               But answers have come enough of my prayers
                    To make me want to keep praying on

                                 I’ve trusted many a friend that have failed
                   And left me to weep alone
                               But I’ve found enough of my friends true blue
                  To make me keep praying on
                 
            I’ve sown many seed that fell by the way
       For the birds to feed upon
                  But I’ve held enough golden sheaves in my hand
  To make me keep sowing on

                    I’ve drained the cup of disappointment and pain
              And gone many days without song
                     But I’ve slipped enough nectar from the roses of life
To make me want to live on

I really liked this poem because it really connects with how I feel and it makes me want to keep moving on with things that I don’t finish or to keep pulling through so I can complete my work and my books that I haven’t finished yet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7th Grade Introduction

WWII Nonfiction Reader Response

What I am Thankful for