SoL 2


-For sake of confidentiality I will not be using my friends name in this blog.

   It was exactly 10:05 P.M. when I found out my friends mom had cancer. My heart sunk at the news, I had no idea that he was going through something so terrible. On the Friday before spring break he got mad at lunch and yelled, his friends just watched as he tried to calm himself down, it was as if they didn’t care. A few days later I found out he had caught a cold after seeing a movie and we started talking about it, the conversation then lead to something worse. He told me how he would always be the one to stop fights between his friends but whenever he was mad his friends wouldn’t say anything. He shared a part of himself that I hadn’t seen before. “And when someone talks about my mom, my heart stops beating. I try not to show anger but deep down, my body is being pulled back.”
I had never been so disgusted in my life. He told me how people called her names and even said “No wonder why your mom chose cancer over you.” That’s the moment I found out. That’s the moment my heart sunk and my eyes puddled with tears. The worst part about finding out was hearing that the friends he knew and loved were aware of what he was going through but didn’t do anything. This experience has really shown me that you have to stay strong. Even though he has gone through so much pain he keeps moving forward and keeps a smile on his face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7th Grade Introduction

WWII Nonfiction Reader Response

What I am Thankful for