My Favorite Animal

When I think of “Favorite animal” nothing really comes to mind, I don’t really considered myself to have a favorite animal but I chose one for the sake of  this blog post. I really like birds, do you want to know the reason? My dad is Romanian and my parents named me Ava, in Romanian Ava means bird so I have always loved birds because of my name. So I decided that I liked peacock enough for them to be my favorite animal so if you read my blog all the way though then you will learn some facts about peacock. If you have red my “My Favorite Country” blog then you will know that my facts will be below and once my facts are done then I have my links listed (you gotta sight your sources.)

   My first fact I found was pretty interesting and I thought it would be cool to share, there are (mainly) two types of genders male and female (or transgender, but peacock’s can’t really be transgender) only the male peacock is actually called a peacock, cool right? The female peacock (if we can even still call it that) is actually called a pea-hen, strange, yes I know. Now to the next fact! This one I found REALLY interesting, peacocks (yes the male one’s) don’t actually grow their beutiful feathers until they turn around three years old, another bonus fact to go along with this when peachicks are born it is very hard two identify the male from the female, the male start to change color after around six months after birth. Cool facts right? Well here’s another one for you, peacocks and pea-hens are one of the LARGEST birds, including their tail they can be around five feet long, but there is one more cool fact about peacock and pea-hen that I have NEVER! Heard before, they can fly . . . Yes, I said it! They can fly!!! I know I was so surprised when I heard this. Well as much as I’d love to learn and tell you more about peacocks and birds, this is the end! The links are down below if you want to see some more facts about peacock and pea-hens.

   http://www.softschools.com/facts/animals/peacock_facts/43/ http://mentalfloss.com/article/62371/9-feathery-facts-about-peacocks
http://researchmaniacs.com/Animals/Female/What-is-a-female-Peacock-called.html

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your post this week! I like peacocks as well., but I definitely didn't know so much about them until reading this. I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into your research and including a link, thank you! This was an amazing post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7th Grade Introduction

WWII Nonfiction Reader Response

What I am Thankful for