Incentive Day


    So, MAP test is over and now comes the reward, our incentive. Our school has an incentive after we finish MAP testing, there is a catch though. In order for us to get the incentive this months we needed to grow by two points in two of our MAP tests. I grew in two of my tests but in one of tests I grew in, it was only by one point. I was really disappointed in myself because I thought I could do better, I decided that it wasn’t fair, in excel (home room) I went to go talk to my teacher. I told her that I thought that I should be able to do the incentive because I am higher than the grade average and once you are up high on the tests it gets harder to go up. When you are at a lower score you can make larger jumps but when you are so high it is hard to keep going up, after I talked about it for a while she told me that the sixth grade team had a meeting and they decided that if any students were above avarege that they could do the incentive. Later in the week we got to chose our incentive room and I chose the technology room, me and my friends all decided to chose that room so we could hang out together, then I found out this morning that my friends did not get to chose yet and the technology room was filled up already. I talked to one of my friends and she asked me if I would leave the technology room and go to the grinch room with her, the grinch room is where you watch the grinch. I talked to my teacher (again) and asked if I could trade my spot for the grinch room since the grinch room was not full and the technology room was. She said that she doesn’t think that would be a problem and that she would let me know if any problems a-cured, so now instead of being able to play Minecraft on my computer alone, with really I can play any day, I will be with my friends watching the How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7th Grade Introduction

WWII Nonfiction Reader Response

What I am Thankful for