My Debate Topic

      I love debates, they are really fun and I also love writing which makes me love argumentative essays. I like to chose what side I want to be on and what my reasoning is and debunking is really fun because you get to tell the opposing side what is wrong about what they think. Now since I am done talking about how much I love debates and argumments I will talk about my argumentative essay topic. My topic is music and fine arts education, I chose this topic because I love everything that has to do with music and art and when people cut it out of the school because of budget problems it’s sad, the kids lose their music and art because the school can’t afford to have it anymore and they use the extra money to help all of the sports, as you can see I don’t think that music and fine arts should be cut from school, I really think that you have to be a cruel hard hearted person if you cut the music and arts budget at the school to fund something else. Also, you could cut the sports budget and I mean you can always play sports in gym class, so cutting the arts budget from a school can be bad for us and I haven’t even started stating the reasons why yet. One reason is because it helps language development because it helps develop the left side of our brain, studies show that IQ scores increase when having music, and the list goes on and on here is the link to some of the websites I’m using to gather information if you are curious.

https://bebrainfit.com/the-health-benefits-of-art-are-for-everyone/
http://theweek.com/articles/448464/9-ways-music-improve-life
https://www.inc.com/john-rampton/the-benefits-of-playing-music-help-your-brain-more.html
https://www.fastcompany.com/3022942/the-surprising-science-behind-what-music-does-to-our-brains

Comments

  1. This is an amazing start for your argumentative essay. You include your claim, reasoning, and evidence I can easily look at. You share a lot of good reasoning and evidence for your argument as well. Thank you for sharing your post this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7th Grade Introduction

WWII Nonfiction Reader Response

What I am Thankful for