Should we wear uniforms???


    Ahhhhhh. . . Uniforms, the things that are fairly uncomfortable and a little ugly, I really don’t think anyone should wear them. . . They are terrible, my uniform is a navy shirt and tan pants, it is a struggle having to put on a uniform everyday and it isn’t fun. At school a lot of people have their creativity away because we can’t wear what we want or do what we want, I know I can’t express myself when I am wearing this uniform like I could if I wasn’t, the uniforms have to stop but there isn’t much we can do. . . Because of uniforms we need to spend more money as well, uniforms cost a lot and they don’t make a lot of uniforms that fit taller or shorter people, everyone is different and the uniforms cost a lot of money and sometimes they don’t even fit. I am short. . . When I had to go buy my uniform it was really hard to find and pants that fit me or any shirts at all, if I wanted a shirt my size I had to buy it from the school. Like I said before everyone is different and people take advantage of that by making the prices higher on bigger or smaller things and having people buy uniforms for school that probably won’t fit us the next year causing  us to need to spend more money when we also need a college fund and our parents have to pay for our high school and college tuition. Having to deal with spending money and not being able to express ourselves is not cool and we will have to deal with it later in life but to have to go through this now and be forced to wear a uniform to school and pay for it yourself because the school doesn’t have enough money to buy everyone a uniform which is required, I think it’s stupid. I’ve had an idea for a while now but I don’t know if I should go through with it, I want to talk to the principles and discuss the uniforms, I want to make a petition and have children and adults sign it, I know it’s a long shot and since I’m a kid they probably won’t take me that seriously but I think it’s worth a try, let me know what you think in the comments and I will update you after I talk to them, bye!

Comments

  1. You make some very good arguments for not wearing uniforms. I love how much detail and support you include. Also, just because you are a kid doesn't mean people won't listen to you. It is always worth trying! Thank you for sharing your post this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7th Grade Introduction

WWII Nonfiction Reader Response

What I am Thankful for