Third Quarter Reflections


   Overall, my third quarter wasn’t that bad. I have gained a better understanding of the problems going on in the world and different perspectives other people have. I finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird with my class and have worked really hard to gather information for my argumentative essay. Although I have made accomplishments there are also things I need to work on which I could do better on. To ensure I don’t ramble on I’ll start.

   The first question I’ll be addressing is what are I think I made the biggest improvement on. I think that reading To Kill a Mockingbird proved as a challenge to me. There were times that I didn’t understand what I was reading and had to go back to reread multiple times. Even though it was hard for me to understand I think it was one of my biggest ares of improvement. Reading the book helped me to use my annotations to understand the book more and it taught me how to better understand other books that might come as a challenge.

   There were definitely challenges for me this quarter but I think the one that challenged me the most was having a good understanding of something. While reading To Kill a Mockingbird I had trouble understanding the text, reading my article for AoW about gambling was hard as well because I didn’t understand what it meant. There were many other times where the same thing happened but I found that going slow and annotations really helped. If I read to quickly my mind doesn’t grasp things and I can’t comprehend what I’m reading, annotating and rereading really help me to understand and feel good about what I’m reading.

My proudest accomplishments third quarter was annotating. I know that I have mentioned annotating multiple times already but I feel as if that they were something that was really important to me in third quarter. My annotations gave me an understanding of what I was reading and it felt good to know what I was talking about and to be able to share my thoughts and ideas. I love group discussions and with annotations it makes it so much easier to chime in and share my ideas and engage  with the people around me. I know that writing a lot of annotations isn’t something to be super proud of but I also feel as if I wrote a lot of annotations. There are so many other things that I was proud of this quarter but I think that my annotations were most important and I can’t wait to keep writing more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7th Grade Introduction

WWII Nonfiction Reader Response

What I am Thankful for